Sunday, October 02, 2005

Off to the Carolinas

I'll be leaving Pennsylvania for Winston Salem, NC, tomorrow, to see another Alaskan expatriot for a couple of days, then down to South Carolina to spend a day or two with my nephew there.

We had a great time in Pittsburgh (proper) at Station Square, filled with historical buildings and relics from the aforementioned steel industry. I'm not much of a fan of food in general, but the restaurant -- Buca di Beppo -- was fantastic. The meals there are not for individuals -- I ordered the "small" veal parmegiana for $15 -- and out came a plate with three large pieces. The small order of garlic bread was the size of a small pizza, and the ravioli was huge. The spaghetti ordered at the next table came with meatballs the size of softballs, and everything was perfect. It fed the four of us with pounds of food leftover.

I think we'll be going back when I get back here next weekend. At least, I'll be lobbying for it... But in the meantime, off to the Carolinas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miller said...

Pfft. Like I didn't figure that out. ("That's the miller we love!" -- nobody else would've said *that*...)

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home